Tuesday, June 3, 2008

AIDS International Memorial Day@ One Utama on Sat, May 31st, 2008

Dear peeps,
Last Saturday I was invited by Hafiz & Michael frm Celebrity Fitness & Love Box Condoms to perform in an AIDS International Memorial Day event held in One Utama. Its in fact the first time this event was held in public and i couldnt be happier just to be there and do my part of charity. Thanks to my trustie Sound Engineer Edwin for assisting me as well and to the organizers who invited me to be a part of it!=)

Anyway, since AIDS is all about red. Not exactly red la, but erm like pinkish red, i got myself a new pink/reddish outfit to match the event. Should have gotten a white one cause eventually i kinda found out the color blended "TOO well" with the backdrop.haha

Before me going up on stage was Dina, Malaysian Idol first season 1st runner up and she really did the house rocking. So as my song, " I Just Wanna" was a smooth jazz number, im kinda skeptical the crowd would not be too pumped up. However, it was very encouraging and i am sincerely surprised by the response. Thank you all! It certainly made you feel that, being a part of charity is something very meaningful in many ways....I would say the awareness & unity among us Malaysian was projected out that night. They even have a sketch by a group of talented actors depicting the different scenarios of HIV & how AIDS were spread.

Later in the night, we were all asked to light the candles which was in the goodie bags and formed a LOVE sign on the stage specially made for this event. I met too my church buddy, Kevin Thomas who was doing videography for the night. Hopefully i could get the video of my performance uploaded soon before fri when i will leave for Singapore!

Meanwhile, here are some pics:

Thanks Kit for this pic & for being there=)

Dennis Lau & Chelsia Ng


The Celebrities doing their part=)



Me & Candle

Dennis & DKBU
p/s: Much gratitude & Appreciation to DKBU for the wonderful pics above, Thanks man!=)

The theme for this year's AIDS International Memorial Day is: Never Give Up, Never Forget!

Last night, i performed and organized the music entertainment for the BESTTT wedding ever by Vivienne & Richard in Cyberview Lodgee..would update on it later once i got hold of the picss frm none other then Zung frm thephotoz.com soon!
Will keep u guys posted k..thanks

Heres a sneak peak, how many of you agree that this baby below, Ashley is the cutest thing in the whole world? haha....i bump into mummy ally frm malaysiabrides.com, Alesia & daddy, Julian again in the wedding yest night which i also did performed for their wedding too last Jan.=)



~Baby Ashley by Alesia & Julian~ Just Irresistible!

Peace- Good Music, Better Place

God Bless!

Dennis Lau
www.mosaic.com.my

No comments: